Monday, October 19, 2009

The fun-est Diwali!


Diwali. The time of the year when people burn crackers and add to the the air and noise pollution sitting on their terraces rather than going out in their automobiles and doing the same. Ignore the bad pun. That's the kind of jokes die-hard environmentalists crack.

Okay. Let's start again.

Diwali. The festival of lights. This year's Diwali was quite the crowded one, if you know what I mean.

Well, the day started off with me waking up later than everyone else in the house ( even after I made a thousand promises to my mom that I'd wake up early. :P). So, yeah. I woke up and quickly replied to the "Happy Diwali" messages on my phone ( so that I don't get sabotaged by my friends for not replying to their messages. :| ). The weird thing about this year's Diwali was that, I actually felt that everyone was in the festive mood, for once. My dad was back from Sri Lanka after a week ( or was it two?) and he got lots of goodies for my sister and me. :)

So, after all the dressing up and double-checking if all the doors and windows were locked, we headed to my mom's uncle's ( I don't know what to call my mom's uncle. Grand Dad?) place for lunch. Well, what I assumed was only two or three families getting together for lunch, but, I was mistaken. I think it was about fifty people. People whom I haven't seen in the past, what, five or six years! Although I'm not comfortable with being amongst so many people, it felt kinda good, too, you know, like a family reunion or something. So, we had lunch which was followed by the usual game of tambola. My luck hadn't been that good that day. I only won around 20 bucks.
So, after an hour or something, we decided to leave and we invited all of them, yes, all the fifty people to our house for bursting crackers. Obviously, I thought they really wouldn't come, but then , they did! An incredibly crowded Diwali like I mentioned before, but it was so much fun.

=]

5 comments:

  1. Woah!
    A beautiful Diwali eh?
    Lovelyyy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice diwali.Your mother's uncle is your great uncle.Your mother's uncle's uncle will be your great great uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. i think that was the year i threw some bombs into my mechanics teacher's balcony :P

    or was it fluid dynamics? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! That must've cost you. Haha. :P

    ReplyDelete