Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gargle. Gargle. Puke.

 So, I saw this movie called Sucker Punch recently. I don't know what the writers had in mind while writing the story, but what it did look like was a female-centric video game turned into a movie. I must admit that during the first half of the movie, I did not have a clue of what was happening. Okay, her step father takes advantage of her mother's death and proves to the authorities of a Mental Asylum that she's mentally sick, but where does she land up after that? It looks like a hospital in the beginning. And then she somehow ends up dancing in a club owned by the same person who runs the Asylum. Strange. Her friends along with her, try to escape the mentalness around them and while embarking on their journey to freedom, they acquire "weapons" that would help them escape. These girls acquire these by what we may assume as seducing whoever holds the weapons. The dance sequences are kept a secret from the audience. Instead, what we're shown are fight sequences which keep running through the mind of the main character as she dances. The fight are supposedly set at the time of the First World War. I guess, the movie is a metaphor for...well, something that I haven't figured out as yet.

Needless to say, the movie has as an amazing set of songs for OriginalSoundTracks. I've listed them here below and you should really check 'em out.




No.TitleArtistLength
1."Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)"  Emily Browning5:18
2."Army of Me (Sucker Punch Remix)"  Björk featuring Skunk Anansie6:50
3."White Rabbit"  Emilíana Torrini5:07
4."I Want It All / We Will Rock You Mash-Up"  Queen featuring Armageddon aka Geddy5:07
5."Search and Destroy"  Skunk Anansie4:24
6."Tomorrow Never Knows"  Carla Azar and Alison Mosshart7:35
7."Where Is My Mind?"  Yoav and Emily Browning3:36
8."Asleep"  Emily Browning4:20
9."Love Is the Drug"  Carla Gugino & Oscar Isaac4:12

2 comments:

  1. Lol :D I did hear from my friends how bad the movie was, poor people they cudnt even make out with that girl in two pony jumping around, they actually walked out! Hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I know!
    But the songs made the movie bearable. Thank god for them. :)

    ReplyDelete