Saturday, July 09, 2011

This silence.

This silence.

This damned silence.
It brings back too many memories.
Memories so happy, that it's painful.
This silence is only too familiar.
This silence is too loud.
This silence takes me back to the days when friendship was all that mattered.
This silence takes me back to simpler times;
times when 'fun' meant playing hopscotch and not blowing clouds of nicotine on to each other's faces.
This silence takes me back to the days when you didn't have to be drunk to have a heart-to-heart talk.
This silence is oblivious to my pain.
This silence digs deeper. This silence takes me back to the days when we were too scared to say 'ass' so we used to say 'bum' instead.
This silence takes me back to a place;
a place that exists no more, a place that'll never come back, never be rebuilt;
a place whose shadow lurks on my memory; a ghost stabbing a knife in my heart everytime I dare to think of it.


This silence is only too familiar;

This silence is too loud.

18 comments:

  1. I just love this post:)
    Could relate to every word in it:)
    Fab !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last two lines of this post are superb.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "This silence takes me back to the days when you didn't have to be drunk to have a heart-to-heart talk."

    Beautiful... You should nominate this for poetry awards..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silence, in its silence speaks a million words.

    Nice post.

    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it just me or is this plain unadulterated friggin' epic? :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. This silence is too loud!

    Aw..that says a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'This silence' should be read aloud if you know what I mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aawww, now that was awesome.

    Especially the last line.

    <3

    Thanks for visiting. Will be back in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sugar, Blue, The Lover- :)

    Sonshu- Thanks :)


    <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. The way you express yourself, and the flow of your words is remarkably beautiful... <3

    Keep writing, please, can't wait for your next post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the silence sometimes really is too loud.
    Fab post :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice blogg...
    http://www.chattingu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete