Monday, March 12, 2012

Ma

Today was a stressful day for Ma. She'd been derived of a sleep since a week. And with the house-warming ceremony coming up, there's things to organise, invitation cards to be sent, return gifts to be bought and all that jazz. Ma usually refuses to take help. Ma thinks she's superhuman. She asked me to water the plants today; something that she usually makes the maid do, despite my protests. After a long time, I felt like a part of the household. Ma had important things to finish up at work. Dad left for work with her laptop in the back-seat. Had to send the driver all the way from home to dad's office, which is like a hundred miles away from home. Ma was running late for work. Ma still insisted on lighting the diya in the small mandir that we managed to accommodate in the kitchen. It's a daily ritual, I suppose. I offered to do it for her today, although I don't believe in it, lest she burn a finger or something in the rush of things.

4 comments:

  1. "Ma still insisted on lighting the diya in the small mandir that we managed to accommodate in the kitchen. It's a daily ritual, I suppose. I offered to do it for her today, although I don't believe in it, lest she burns a finger or something in the rush of things."

    Aapne humein meri maa ki yaad dila di..
    *sniffs* ='(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ma's are always superhuman. duh.

    but its cute to see how much u care. :) sweet of u.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pancakes are a hit though. make me feel hungry :D

    ReplyDelete